• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Mum-mum-mum-mah 2021 Honda Trail 125

Holy.... Sh.... Yikes! We need to thank your favorite Diety that you are still with us!
I had one of those hit my truck and MC trailer last year on US 287. Dented my truck fender, dented the bike trailer fender and knocked the wheel out of round, and bent the trailer axle.
Good thing you weren't knocked out of round!

Thanks guys! I have replayed what happened over and over and the only thing I can think of is that the left mirror saved me. It's not bent. It's turned. I think it took some of the impact. I can tell my jaw is going to hurt quite a bit for the next few days. It's really sore. My jacket has a huge black mark from the tire on the left arm. The elbow protection in my jacket probably prevented a fracture. It's so crazy. When I felt the impact the only thought I had was that I was going to fall. I wonder what the cars behind me saw and what they thought. Actually, I wonder what the truck guy will tell later on. He'll be like: let me tell you something crazy I saw on the highway today.

I am immensely grateful. Wife is freaked out at the moment but it will pass.

Oh man, that is very scary. Thank God you didn't get hurt any worse than you did. Hope you feel better. Talk about out of nowhere and no time to react!!!! You did very good to stay upright and get to the shoulder. Excellent instincts.

And I think you have the best looking helmet!!!!!!:clap:
:clap::clap:

Where did you get those highway pegs and how do they attach?
I got those a few years ago for a 2014 NC I used to have. Bought them at Amazon. It took a long time to find a pair that would clamp to that diameter frame tube, that I think is 11/4". You better check me on that measurement though.

I get leg cramps pretty easily, and those pegs are great for helping with that. Dang old leg cramps.

Holy Moley, I went back and found the link to those pegs.

Kuryakyn 7993 Motorcycle Foot Controls: Offset Dually ISO Highway Pegs with Magnum Quick Clamps for 1-1/4" Engine Guards/Tubing, Chrome, 1 Pair​

I changed the oil and filter yesterday. Tip: You don't have to remove that lower cowling to change the filter. There is just enough room to get a strap wrench in there. And there is a wire secured to that cowling that's all but impossible to put back on. Don't ask me how I know this. LOL :lol2:
:lol2:

Quick update:

It is no surprise I am feeling worse this morning. I took a shower last night and discovered that my upper left pec is swollen and tender. Again, the armor in my jacket protected me (elbow and shoulder). I have a large bruise on my upper back on the right side. Did the tire whip me? My lower back hurts and my neck is sore, My teeth and jaw still hurt real bad. It's like someone punched me in the chin real good. But... nothing broken and just that one cut under my chin that doesn't need stitches either. I'm okay. Grateful, grateful, grateful!

I am sure that riding around semis is going to make me feel nervous for a while. I hope I can shake it off and move on.

Now I am up to 570 miles. I will take my bike to the dealer for its first service AND for the recall. All 2021 have a recall. A quick reflash of the ECU fixes whatever is wrong. My bike hasn't had any issues though. I will get it done Tuesday or Wednesday and then head out to San Antonio. The end of next week into next weekend looks gorgeous and I can't wait to ride around over there.

Oh man, that is very scary. Thank God you didn't get hurt any worse than you did. Hope you feel better. Talk about out of nowhere and no time to react!!!! You did very good to stay upright and get to the shoulder. Excellent instincts.

And I think you have the best looking helmet!!!!!!:clap:
:clap::clap:
It's not a contest but I think you have the best helmet. It's just so cool!

Well darnit, hopefully in a couple of days the soreness will disappear and you'll be good as new!!
Thanks for the heads up on the recall. I didn't know that and I'll check up on it. Have fun in San Antonio, take care.

Well darnit, hopefully in a couple of days the soreness will disappear and you'll be good as new!!
Thanks for the heads up on the recall. I didn't know that and I'll check up on it. Have fun in San Antonio, take care.
Here's an article about the recall with all the info needed:

One last update on my accident and I'm done whining. My bruises have come out. I have bruises on my chin, right bicep, left upper pec, and left arm (in 2 places). I didn't realize until this morning that my teeth had been numb. I have some pain in my right ear when I chew. I am very sore. I still can't believe how lucky I am!

Pow! Right in the kisser!

FG_zs66XwAAW3Q_?format=jpg&name=large.jpg

FG_1aBXWQAEyc5L?format=jpg&name=large.jpg

Ouch!!!!! I still say you did an amazing job keeping the bike upright and getting to the shoulder safely. Probably very few riders could have done that. :chug::chug::clap::clap:

One last update on my accident and I'm done whining. My bruises have come out. I have bruises on my chin, right bicep, left upper pec, and left arm (in 2 places). I didn't realize until this morning that my teeth had been numb. I have some pain in my right ear when I chew. I am very sore. I still can't believe how lucky I am!

Pow! Right in the kisser!

FG_zs66XwAAW3Q_?format=jpg&name=large.jpg

FG_1aBXWQAEyc5L?format=jpg&name=large.jpg
Almost looks like the tire tread i imprinted in your bruise!

So I took my bike in today for its first service and recall. Got there early thinking early in, early out. Well, after an hour and a half of waiting, I thought my bike was good to go. I asked: did you guys do the recall? No sir, I'm sorry. It's on me. I forgot to tell the tech. Shouldn't be another 30 minutes or less. One hour later, my bike comes out. I'm ready to go! Ready to go, but the recall wasn't done. As it turns out, the 2021 model has a different plug so the tech tried and tried but couldn't make it fit. Wait a minute: it took one hour to figure out you guys don't have the proper attachment? Okay, whatever. They said they'd give me a call to let me know they've received the attachment so that I can take my bike in. I'm writing this down as I will come back later to comment and say that it's been x days/ weeks and I haven't received a phone call about getting the recall done. If anything, they got nervous about whether or not they tried to force the plug in. I'll swing by Alamo Cycle Plex in San Antonio to see if they can get that recall done.

I gassed up today and my bike returned an unimpressive 57 mpg. I don't get it. It's in standard mode but I'm still not breaking 60 mpg. I'm leaving for San Antonio tomorrow so I'll see if highway riding improves my mpg.

It was cold this morning and I got a chance to test out my new Firstgear suit. It's awesome! And it makes for a great companion while waiting.

FHJ_sL2XIAYumK2?format=jpg&name=large.jpg

It will be interesting to see what happens with the NC750x over the next year or two. In theory the Transalp (if it is ever re-released) is in a similar slot.

I keep thinking about getting an NC750x as a midsized touring bike. The two items that prevent me from pulling the trigger are 1. Lack of pannier rack support from the vendors 2. Lack of cruise control.

I would love to be able to mount my Touratech Zega Pro hard luggage on a NC750x-DCT for some medium length road trips.

Keep your stories and pictures coming. It has been a good thread.

I learned something about my bike today: the ride modes (standard, sport, rain, user) also work in manual. While it makes sense, it didn't occur to me. I went for a ride and decided to ride manual. I felt the bike was a little sluggish: it was in standard mode. I just selected ride modes and went to sport mode. Now it felt like a regular bike with gears. It makes so much sense to be in sport mode when riding manual: more power and more engine brake. Funny thing is my left foot still looks for a clutch lever once in a while. :lol2:

I finally had a chance to install my Madstad windshield. I bought the 22" one. It's tall for sure but that's what I wanted. Today was a perfect day to test it. I decided to go check out the Navi at Honda of Houston. The wind was strong to say the least. How was it? Awesome! I had it in the high position and it works well for me that way.

FJKly-6XIAojKD5?format=jpg&name=large.jpg

The Navi they had was already sold. I just wanted to check it out and see how I felt about it since I tried it at the Moto GP last Fall. It's okay. It's definitely no GROM. I'm pretty sure the dealer charges an arm and a leg for it so the msrp is just to lure the buyer in. I'm sure the OTD is close to $3,000.

FJKN6nDWQAcH2Ph?format=jpg&name=large.jpg

FJKN9dbWYAEhD0i?format=jpg&name=large.jpg

Thanks! I really like it and the 15% off winter sale made it a no brainer for me. It's easy to install but there are a lot of screws and parts you have to remove. There are step by step instructions from Madstat here:

Awesome, dangit I wish I had not ordered the optional windshield from Honda. This one is much more better!!:rider:

So you got the 22"? I'm thinking very hard about getting this. I didn't even know it existed.

Yes I got the 22". The 20" was recommended for my height (I am 6ft tall) but based on prior experience I ordered the next size up. The windshield is adjustable. I think the adjustability has got to be about 3 inches? I'm not sure. So that's an added feature as well. The tall Honda windshield was way too low for me. I don't know if the winter discount still applies but when I ordered, I saved 15% and it came out to about $50. The difference is night and day. Money well spent for sure.

Back