• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

My fall down....

Thank you for the quote....
That's just a first guess - and it certainly doesn't include a new windscreen. My guess is that we'll be a bit over a grand when it's all said and done.

I promise to be good...I promise to be good....:lol2:
Hey now! I never said I wanted you to be good. Personally - I like bad girls... :cool2:

Oh, and when you get to the scene and go to give the rider a big hug, ASK FIRST if anything hurts! Yeah, silly me hugged Joyce before she told me she was a little sore in the shoulder region. :-(

It's OK Rebecca, You didn't hurt me. I really did need a hug, Thanks A Bunch!

glad to hear she was not seriously hurt on the get-off.

www.killboy.com has lots of pictures of cruiser bikes augering in a footpeg or floorboard and lifting the front wheel and then the ride is over.

Cruisers just don't have the ground clearance or lean angle of sportier bikes.

I really did need a hug

I think Keith needed one just as much, but a lot of people overlook that part. Just because he wasn't the one tumbling doesn't mean he isn't hurting on the inside. ;)

I think Keith needed one just as much, but a lot of people overlook that part. Just because he wasn't the one tumbling doesn't mean he isn't hurting on the inside. ;)

That's OK...when we got to Bandera I got all girlie and started crying so we had to stop. We hugged each other for a while in the parking lot of Taco Cabana, then went in and had dinner. I was much better afterwards.

I don't think I've said so publicly yet, but major thanks to Squeaky and Don for taking the time out from their day to see us down the mountain. Thanks guys!

Joy, I think it's awesome that

1) You stayed with the bike and leaned as much as you could. As the owner of Eurosport Cycle said at a trackday, "Better to keep leaning and lowside, then go off road/track and have the bike follow you (or worse)."

2) You rode all the way home.

:hail: :clap:

That reminds me, I need to go do some ERC "straighten up a bit in the turn, brake firmly, lean back into it, etc." exercises again... ;-)

Speed was some where around 25 mph. It was NOT too fast for the corner IF she had selected the right line through the corner. She came in way to close to the center line and did not have sufficent room on the cruiser to make the curve. Got to hand it to her though, she leaned the bike as far as it would go (and then some). Rode it all the way to the ground and low sided it rather than panicing and trying to stand it upright.

As for gear. Bell full face helmet. Cortech mesh jacket. Olympia leather gloves. Sidi boots. Joe Rocket pants. Everything but the pants had damage. The helmet will not be reused, the rest can.

I would have to say to any of the ladies out there that are undecided about riding pants.....GET SOME! I am brusied but I did not lose any skin!
Yes, they can make your butt look fat, but who cares.....I ride for my own enjoyment and when I get to were I'm going I can slide out of those pants and be in my jeans. The jacket is the same way. That armor saved my left elbow and left shoulder from a whole lot worse pain (like losing skin) than I am feel now from just the fall. My gloves, while I did get some brusing on them and a dent in the lower part of my left hand, if I had not been riding with them I would not be able to type this thread. My helmet is a mess... while I did not BANG my head, I did slide it like a hockey puck on the road surface, (I don't even like thinking about what my face would look like right now), SO GEAR IS YOUR FRIEND, Even when it is 90 degrees outside. Wear it protect yourself......OK I'm off my soap box....:rofl:

Those are from Powers Motorsports. They are suppose to be 25% off list. At any rate, the numbers are just for referrence at this point. I'll need to do more research to find the best deal and then see if Wild West (my local dealer) wants to match.

I think we may try to see if we can get the tank fixed rather than replaced. Joyce has been wanting to do a bit of customizing for a while now. Seems she has nothing to loose at this point. The dent should be removable and then we could custom paint the bike to suit her fancy.

On lowering the Ninja 650R - the idea is to cut the seat height first, then rework the rear shock, and then lower the forks if still required. Last thing I want her on is an ill handling sportbike.

The prices seem allright. They list my 599 gas tank about $29.00 cheaper than where I ordered it from.

Here's another site I found http://www.mrcycles.com/default.asp

Marco

Joy, I think it's awesome that

1) You stayed with the bike and leaned as much as you could. As the owner of Eurosport Cycle said at a trackday, "Better to keep leaning and lowside, then go off road/track and have the bike follow you (or worse)."

2) You rode all the way home.

:hail: :clap:

That reminds me, I need to go do some ERC "straighten up a bit in the turn, brake firmly, lean back into it, etc." exercises again... ;-)

Well I knew I did not want to get throw over the handle bars and down the mountain. So staying low to the ground seemed the wises decision.

And yes I rode her all the way home, with no front fender (everything was hitting me) and a messed up light, that's why I had Keith, he was my light in the dark....:clap:

And to think, I normally have duct tape, JB Weld, zip ties, etc. on the bike with me - but this one time I left them behind because they were still in the panniers and not under the seat. :doh:

Joyce, it sounds like you've decided to keep the jacket. Are the seams all still nice and strong? Check the armour inserts over careefully and see if you might need to replace the one(s) you landed on.

And to think, I normally have duct tape, JB Weld, zip ties, etc. on the bike with me - but this one time I left them behind because they were still in the panniers and not under the seat. :doh:

Joyce, it sounds like you've decided to keep the jacket. Are the seams all still nice and strong? Check the armour inserts over careefully and see if you might need to replace the one(s) you landed on.

Yup, everything looks good (well for a jacket that's hit the road :rofl: ) but I already tried cleaning it up yesterday and the pads don't have any scraps on them (weird hu?). I guess this will be a story opener everytime I wear it, (till it gets old) :lol2:

Good call on Mr. Cycles - they're about $6 cheaper on the gas tank than Powers Motorsports. I'll check Ron Ayers tonight as well.

The problem I have with Ron Ayers is shipping. They are so expensive.

Skid

I would have to say to any of the ladies out there that are undecided about riding pants.....GET SOME! I am brusied but I did not lose any skin! Yes, they can make your butt look fat, but who cares.....

+1 Joyce...that's the spirit! I am so happy to read that you are not seriously injured! It took focus and calm to ride it through. "You go, girl!" :clap:

I think if you ride long enough, you eventually drop a bike. Fortunately, you're one of the smart ones who is able to think when it happened and who takes gear seriously. I'm looking forward to seeing you on the road again.

Keith, a big virtual hug to you. Been there with the spouse. Last year about this time I watched Steve slide through a hairpin turn on his side in my rear view mirror. First came the bike sliding through, then him. He was so angry with himself that he didn't tell me how much pain he was in until 11:00 p.m. at night when he couldn't breathe. That was a day (and night in the ER) that neither of us soon forgot.

Prayers for both of you.

Joyce,
Glad to hear you are OK, what a scare! Seems like you did everything you were supposed to once you recognized you were in trouble. Cool under pressure!

Keith,
I would rather crash myself than see Sharon crash. I definitely understand not wanting pictures.

Steve......

Joyce - sorry to hear about your accident and glad you are ok considering the fall and for your husband to be watching... must have been hard too.
Camilo

Joyce - sorry to hear about your accident and glad you are ok considering the fall and for your husband to be watching... must have been hard too.
Camilo

Camilo: Sorry you could not make it. Remember there is always Casa Alejo donde dormir, comer, y vino.

wow Joy...glad to hear yer ok..... to be honest i looked very serious at the mean streak before i bought the Hyosung... i test rode it and did jus as you did on the test ride..i hit it on the ground in a test turn..it was my main decision for not buying the bike...

Back