• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

My fall down....

Joyce,

I just read this.......WOW! Angels are watching over you. I'm happy to know your gear and mad scooter skills kept you safe and that you're ready to ride again.
and John...........getting side rear bumper kissed and staying upright is blessed.

see you next week at Katy bike night,
Cindy

I'm glad you are okay, Joyce, and sorry about your bike. I hope you and Keith are able to get it back to acceptable shape. I must tell you that I admire you courage in dealing with accident, as well as your ability to climb back on and ride all the way to Houston, part of which in the dark. I don't know that I would have had that kind of intestinal fortitude. Once again, I'm glad you are okay.

Well All Righty Then...you wanted pictures.... well I have a few....

Sorry no blood or gore...(Thank the Lord!)

Attachments

• 7-3-2007-01a.jpg
    7-3-2007-01a.jpg
    81.6 KB · Views: 186
  • 7-3-2007-02a.jpg
    7-3-2007-02a.jpg
    110.5 KB · Views: 188
  • 7-3-2007-06a.jpg
    7-3-2007-06a.jpg
    75.6 KB · Views: 178
  • 7-3-2007-10a.jpg
    7-3-2007-10a.jpg
    69.3 KB · Views: 175
  • 7-3-2007-11a.jpg
    7-3-2007-11a.jpg
    58.8 KB · Views: 177
Here are some more....

Attachments

• 7-3-2007-07a.jpg
    7-3-2007-07a.jpg
    64.3 KB · Views: 175
  • 7-3-2007-05a.jpg
    7-3-2007-05a.jpg
    77.9 KB · Views: 166
  • 7-3-2007-04a.jpg
    7-3-2007-04a.jpg
    71.6 KB · Views: 178
  • 7-3-2007-03a.jpg
    7-3-2007-03a.jpg
    145.1 KB · Views: 174
  • 7-3-2007-08a.jpg
    7-3-2007-08a.jpg
    31.6 KB · Views: 177
Joyce,

I just read this.......WOW! Angels are watching over you. I'm happy to know your gear and mad scooter skills kept you safe and that you're ready to ride again.
and John...........getting side rear bumper kissed and staying upright is blessed.

see you next week at Katy bike night,
Cindy

Cindy I am honored that I am your first post....looking forward to bike night on the 11th..see ya then.

Joyce, you are so lucky you didn't highside & go over the edge. Many riders have gone over the side out there never to return to riding.

I would keep the frog. We all know three legged toads with a coin in its mouth bring good luck. I believe the frog is the reason you didn't go over the side.
:sun:

Sorry to hear about your spill. I'm glad to hear you're ok and made it through relatively unscathed.

glad you were not hurt severly.. hope your feeling better each day..

Thanks, I'm back to walking the dog and doing house work so I would say I'm pretty well off. The brusies are the only thing that remind me I went down, OH! and my busted up bike....we'll get that fixed and I'll be back to riding the roads a happy women. :trust:

Joyce - I'm glad to hear you're ok. What an experience.

And what a great attitude you have! :clap:

Hope you are back on your bike soon. :rider:

Thanks, I'm back to walking the dog and doing house work so I would say I'm pretty well off. The brusies are the only thing that remind me I went down, OH! and my busted up bike....we'll get that fixed and I'll be back to riding the roads a happy women. :trust:

You should have "milked" the housework for a while longer!:trust: Keith would understand.....not.:lol2:

Ya, but I just can't seem to get this "Lady of Leisure" thing down.....:lol2:

He the choc-aholic, not me :lol2: I might not see to many of the rum filled bon bons .....

Peeled grapes, we don't have any, I have to run to the store....:giveup:

Parts is parts...

Ordered just under $900 worth of parts today. They expect some if not all of the parts will arrive by the end of this coming week. We can then begin the reassembly process.

Interesting to note that I found an on-line dealer who sells parts. I created an order through them, printed it out, and took it to my local dealer to see if they could match. They did. Even gave me slightly better pricing on the whole order. I think it was easier to give a single percentage off in their computer than trying to match each price individually - but hey, whatever works!

End result, all of the parts are now on order that we know we need to have. Jury is still out on tank badges, she may go nak'd this time around. Also gonna wait on a new radiator. The old one has a crease in it, but seems to still work. Those two parts (left badge and radiator) are over $400! YIKES! So if we can do without it will be a blessing.

:coffee:

We can always put some "Lady Rider" badges onto the sides of the new tank! :thumb:

She's looking into pinstripes and lady rider decals...

If she can't find what she wants pre-made, I can use the patch on the jacket to get some made at a sign shop I've used before.

Back