• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

My fall down....

On lowering the Ninja 650R - the idea is to cut the seat height first, then rework the rear shock, and then lower the forks if still required. Last thing I want her on is an ill handling sportbike.

Trust me, lowering the 650R is still a giant step in the right direction. My Wife's SV650 is lowered 2" front and rear and it will still out handle my old Warrior that was lifted and had R1 forks put on it any day of the week. It will even out handle my Strom which has the preload cranked to the max.

Lowering a sport bike will still make it handle night and day better than any cruiser on the road today.

Trust me, lowering the 650R is still a giant step in the right direction. My Wife's SV650 is lowered 2" front and rear and it will still out handle my old Warrior that was lifted and had R1 forks put on it any day of the week. It will even out handle my Strom which has the preload cranked to the max.

Lowering a sport bike will still make it handle night and day better than any cruiser on the road today.

She will love it, I am sure of it :trust: :rider: :flip:

Bill, As far as getting myself something other than my Meanie, Sorry guy's, I love my baby, I'will really start rider her like a sport cruiser, that she is, and I really do understand the limits of my bike, now.... :rider:
If I may comment on this: I empathize with your attachment to the Meanie having a sweet cruiser once myself.

But, like Keith observed with you, I rode it like a sport bike. Despite that I loved that Shadow, I was not willing to settle for the limitations. I knew within a few months that I needed a different bike, and after much research settled on the Strom to provide more freedom for touring, comfort, maneuverability, off-road, flickability, power, clearance, etc.

I finally let the Shadow go to a good home, and never question or regret the decision I made. That Strom is a part of me and allows me to enjoy riding like never before. And there's more to come.

I would never have been able to do with the old sweetheart what I do now on the Strom.

Just my $0.75. Think about what Keith and Bill said.

It is incredible to me you were able to ride the bike all the way back to Katy, shaken up, without the windshield, parts wanting to fall off, it would have been very hard for me to concentrate with that many distractions and thoughts in my head. You are a true motorcyclist and I salute you! I hope your bike turns out better than before. You give new meaning to the phrase ride hard or stay home. :clap:

I was just on 337 this past Wednesday but the weather and a closed road turned me around back to Houston. But I am headed back next week to try to finish the ride. Hope you and your bike heal soon.

+10

Joyce,

I am so glad you were ok and that your riding spirit has not been broken. Connor and I didnt get a chance to meet you and Keith on Saturday but we saw you two ride off on your way out of town. Hopefully we can meet you two at one of the upcoming pie runs. On a 650R maybe?

to biff it hard and still ride it home is a testament to the toughness of both the rider and the bike.. :clap:

Joyce,
I literally had goose bumps while reading your posts recounting the accident. I’m so glad that you were not seriously injured. It sounds like you kept your composure and maintained control of the situation for as long as you possibly could, creating the best possible outcome from a bad situation. Good job! Poor Froggy must have been terrified! But it sounds like with a good therapist for Froggy and some cosmetic surgery for the Pig, you’ll be back on two wheels soon. While the Pig recovers you could probably borrow the Hayabusa;-).

Joyce,
I literally had goose bumps while reading your posts recounting the accident. I’m so glad that you were not seriously injured. It sounds like you kept your composure and maintained control of the situation for as long as you possibly could, creating the best possible outcome from a bad situation. Good job! Poor Froggy must have been terrified! But it sounds like with a good therapist for Froggy and some cosmetic surgery for the Pig, you’ll be back on two wheels soon. While the Pig recovers you could probably borrow the Hayabusa;-).

SOMEONE TRIED TO RUIN THE RUNE....
It wasn't a good weekend for the Katy group. John got hit on the Rune Friday afternoon. A guy ran a stop sign, luckily John saw what was about to happen and gunned it and the trucks right front hit the Rune's right rear fender rather than t-boning it. John was able to keep the bike upright therefore his damages are a dent and scratches to the fender and a crushed turn signal. Honda tells us as soon as Allstate coughs up $1,800. the Rune will be like new again. John wasn't injured but he was as you might imagine pretty upset. After all it is only 2 weeks old!

DANG!!

Glad to hear John had quick reflexes!!! What was the excuse for the driver for running the stop sign??

It wasn't a good weekend for the Katy group. John got hit on the Rune Friday afternoon. A guy ran a stop sign, luckily John saw what was about to happen and gunned it and the trucks right front hit the Rune's right rear fender rather than t-boning it. John was able to keep the bike upright therefore his damages are a dent and scratches to the fender and a crushed turn signal. Honda tells us as soon as Allstate coughs up $1,800. the Rune will be like new again. John wasn't injured but he was as you might imagine pretty upset. After all it is only 2 weeks old!

Holy Cow Batman!!!!! I'm real glad John managed to get out of the way....somewhat.
At least mine did not involve anyone but me, Froggy and The Pig. Froggy was more mad at being stuffed into the saddlebag for the ride home than the hit (I think?). He's sitting on the gages now guarding the Pig, so once we start putting her back together I think he might forgive me.....:lol2:

Joyce,

I need to quit reading this board, way too depressing. Glad everyone is OK and the people and bikes can be healed but ****.

If it weren't for me making the wrong choice at the fork on the HOV and ending up at the highway 6 park n' ride, I would have been right behind John when he got hit. I wasn't happy about going the wrong way at the time but who knows what would have happened if I hadn't.

Sometimes they are wrong choices or a guardian angel making the choice for you......

Joyce, glad you are ok. Bonnie and John, guardian angles for both of you....:eek2: Now, I thought motorcycles that were Pigs were BMW GS'ers. :rofl:

He was actually a nice guy and very upset as well. He said he didn't see John and thought the intersection was clear.

Do I understand this correctly? He ran a stop sign, didn't he? Did he get a ticket, or arrested? ;-)

Please help me not get furious about this... :miffed: :argh:

You know Joyce...
I've noticed on my walks with Bandit that there are a number of frogs who have failed to make it across the street without becoming road-kill. Perhaps you should consider getting a different mascot.

I'd like to think the guard rail ended the frogs career and we should just bury him in the backyard. :wary: Somehow he/she/it just doesn't seem to have the lucky streak I think a good mascot should have. Personally, I think it's a rain attraction device. :storm:

How about a nice cow... ;)

You know Joyce...
I've noticed on my walks with Bandit that there are a number of frogs who have failed to make it across the street without becoming road-kill. Perhaps you should consider getting a different mascot.

I'd like to think the guard rail ended the frogs career and we should just bury him in the backyard. :wary: Somehow he/she/it just doesn't seem to have the lucky streak I think a good mascot should have. Personally, I think it's a rain attraction device. :storm:

How about a nice cow... ;)

Ya' know you may be right, I guess I will hi-jack my own thread.....

But Froggy does look very good on the bike but after I get her painted he may not so it just might be a cow....

Joyce, glad you are ok. Bonnie and John, guardian angles for both of you....:eek2: Now, I thought motorcycles that were Pigs were BMW GS'ers. :rofl:

Nope you have not seen her loaded up in the trailer....she takes up a good portion of the floor...:lol2: and the saddle bags really add to the wide butt look....

Yep, the Mean Streak is a real pig when it comes to the trailer. Poor little 'ole "Busa is over in the corner screaming, "HEY! GIVE A GUY SOME ROOM HERE!"

Keith and Joyrider,
I'm glad that you both are okay. I read the post and just couldn't imagine watching my loved one wipe out in front of me. Sounds like you both kept your heads and everything worked out. I'm glad for that!

Ok, so I'm slow to respond, but I am glad to hear you're ok Joyce!

Back