• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

The 2007 Suzuki Bandit 1250S -The Mega Thread

DSCN0012-2_zpsa4472df9.jpg
[/IMG]Something new on HWY 1 near Lucia, CA. looks pretty sharp in person. The state got tired of dealing with the landslides in that area. There is a new bridge on the other side. Going to have to make the trip more often to monitor the progress. If you find yourself traveling up or down HWY 1 and are near Moss Landing, I recommend Phil's Fish Market for good food.
DSCN0010-2_zpsbb23e36c.jpg
[/IMG]

Hmmm...where have I seen that before ?

img_2010.jpg

The Otira Gorge Road, State Highway 73 South Island New Zealand -I believe they built this rock slide and waterfall divert Feb 1990.

Man I love my Bandit. Even after over 4 years and 65K speedo miles. I wonder how many miles it would have if not sharing the garage with other bikes.

Man I love my Bandit. Even after over 4 years and 65K speedo miles. I wonder how many miles it would have if not sharing the garage with other bikes.

I'm sure your Bandito is jealous when you fraternize with the others. Borderline Polygamy! :shame:

I'm sure your Bandito is jealous when you fraternize with the others. Borderline Polygamy! :shame:

Ahhhh Yes! But, she forgives me as I just this morning, order her a new maintenance free battery from Ron Ayers. :trust:
Was thinking how many bikes the KLR has seen come and go here since I bought it new in the Fall of '99. Since I've had her, a '95 R11GS, '97 and '98 DR350se, '01 DRZ400SE, 02 R1150GS, ?? DR650SE, '07 DL1000 VStrom and now the '07 Bandit I bought in March of 08.

Ahhhh Yes! But, she forgives me as I just this morning, order her a new maintenance free battery from Ron Ayers. :trust:
Was thinking how many bikes the KLR has seen come and go here since I bought it new in the Fall of '99. Since I've had her, a '95 R11GS, '97 and '98 DR350se, '01 DRZ400SE, 02 R1150GS, ?? DR650SE, '07 DL1000 VStrom and now the '07 Bandit I bought in March of 08.

I was tempted to go elsewhere but maybe I will stay with the Bandit now. BMers are exotic but the Bandit is pretty dependable and no BMer dealers near bye. I guess I was pretty lucky picking this bike for my first one?

Just to tell you my last bike was a Yamaha Enduro 175 back in 1980 and I would guess it was several years old when I bought it? !:rider:

Just to tell you my last bike was a Yamaha Enduro 175 back in 1980 and I would guess it was several years old when I bought it? !:rider:

Great bike that 175 was. Never rode one of them but did time on the 250 DT2 in '72.
My stable in '72.
Kawaski Green Streak 100 flat tracker, Yamaha DT2 and Honda CL100 ( wife's bike ) Other bike not in the picture at that time was a '72 Honda 750 K2.
72bikes.jpg

And why the DT2 didn't have a front fender was mudacross races back then. 4 three lap races. 2 in one direction and the last 2 in the opposite direction.

72DT2mudmx.jpg

Great pictures, every once in awhile I see some of the older bikes on Craiglist. Tempted to buy one a project. As far as riding goes though the newer stuff is so much better.

Time for a shower after one of those Mudacross races !!!

Great bike that 175 was. Never rode one of them but did time on the 250 DT2 in '72.
My stable in '72.

Great pics! I had a 71 Hodaka Super Rat. Loved that bike, some crazy fun in the Coalinga hills in central Ca. Got a KZ 350 Avenger for the street, wicked fast, probably one of quickest bikes off the line ever made, you better be holding on when you cracked that baby. Both those bikes would be a kick today.

Great pics! I had a 71 Hodaka Super Rat. Loved that bike, some crazy fun in the Coalinga hills in central Ca. Got a KZ 350 Avenger for the street, wicked fast, probably one of quickest bikes off the line ever made, you better be holding on when you cracked that baby. Both those bikes would be a kick today.

Had a friend that opened up a Hodaka dealership here in town in the early '70's for a bit. Fun bikes. I had a '69 Norton Fastback 750 when those hot 350's were coming out. I had two friends with Kawa 500 triples and then 750 triples . Pipes and carbs and a bit of porting was hang on for life and keep you foot on the back brake to control the wheelies. ;-)
acand69750fastbackNorton.jpg

This is about the best Pic I have of the Norton. The car behind it was my '67 Fairlane 500 with a HolmanMoody 427 shoehorned in there after I dropped a valve on the 390 it came with. A 3200 pound , very dangerous animal with all power and zero handling.

I forgot about the 250 Yamaha scrambler( street bike) I had in college in Colorado, used to run up and down big Thompson Canyon. Brakes and suspension sucked, I'm surprised I lived through it. Nothing like being up around 11k ft, open the throttle and nothing happens, 2 stroke starved for air.:giveup:

Had a buddy in high school over in Australia that had Mach 3 and 4 triples. As you said loved to foul plugs and blow out baffles, LOL. Loved those pipey motors!!

It's gonna be a great weekend here in the SE and the Bandit and I have an appointment with some mountains.

It's gonna be a great weekend here in the SE and the Bandit and I have an appointment with some mountains.

Have fun and hope it's a safe ride. I'm helping out on an American Cancer Run today. With a Bike/Car show at the end. A lone sports tourer in a herd of cruisers:rider::lol2:.

Boy do I know that feeling ! And the confused looks I get " wh wh what kinda bike is that ? Whats it for? " :giveup:

For having even more fun with less restrictions!!!!!! :lol2::rider:

PS: And yes my 1st bike was a cruiser! :trust:

Try buying insurance for a similar bike, ie Kaw or Yamaha. Don't forget this is a touring bike. Let's make sure we keep it that way, LOL!!??

Try buying insurance for a similar bike, ie Kaw or Yamaha. Don't forget this is a touring bike. Let's make sure we keep it that way, LOL!!??

Indeed! I almost got a FZ1 except for the higher price and cable clutch didn't even know the insurance was TONS higher then our "standards"! :rider:

Well, I've been riding mine daily back and forth to work and everywhere else around town for the past several weeks. Really been enjoyable. After so long on dual sports and then the V-Strom the power of the Bandit is a welcome change. I fitted a Sargent seat, which I pocked up for $200 shipped on eBay. Should have done that a long time ago. Still not sure what i'll do for luggage, but will be adding that back again soon. Happy riding!

Still not sure what i'll do for luggage, but will be adding that back again soon. Happy riding!

I went the soft bag route for a long time on my bandit. Probably near 40,000 miles before getting hard luggage.

I went soft bag too for about 2 years then I came across a deal I couldn't refuse for some used hard bags and mounts after just having the top one for a short bit! :D

Indeed! I almost got a FZ1 except for the higher price and cable clutch didn't even know the insurance was TONS higher then our "standards"! :rider:

That's exactly why I didn't get an FZ1. Plus I have a Suzuki/Honda/Aprilia/KTM dealer in my small town. Less than 3 miles from my house.

Last weekend added a fuse box, heated grips, SAE plug (battery tender/tank bag power) and BMW/Powerlet socket for the electric vest. Also BMW sport grips, little bigger diameter than the stock grips.

Hmmm...where have I seen that before ?

img_2010.jpg

The Otira Gorge Road, State Highway 73 South Island New Zealand -I believe they built this rock slide and waterfall divert Feb 1990.

It's a beautiful piece of road, especially in winter with waterfalls and the roar of water echoing.

NZ is a beautiful place. I really wanted to get down there for the Rugby WC but it didn't happen. Bike ride around NZ. That would be a wonderful thing.

Back