• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

The 2007 Suzuki Bandit 1250S -The Mega Thread

NZ is a beautiful place. I really wanted to get down there for the Rugby WC but it didn't happen. Bike ride around NZ. That would be a wonderful thing.

Odd how the grass is always greener on the other side of the fence eh? After our visit to the US this time last year, all we want to do is go back there and live in the US. You also have awesome scenery and great roads. We toured through California, Arizona, Nevada and Utah. Absolutely love the wide open spaces, the seemingly endless straight roads and the dry climate. Can't wait to get back.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

Does anyone have a theory on what is in our DNA that requires us to keep modifying these Bandits !!??

For years I was that way. Even could not wait to change the paint job along with seat, carbs, suspension, exhaust and everything. Like a desiese ! Just could not leave it stock! Now, very super close to 70 years old, I finally got over it. Whew! But, it took a long time! LOL:

Warm weather will be here soon, so I decided it was time to put my modified gear shifter on the Bandit and flip the pegs. It's been shortened and lowered. It's good to have friends with welders and grinders. Will probably need to make a few adjustments after riding it for first time but no big deal.
gearsshifter2forsharing_zps95bbaae6.jpg

Does anyone have a theory on what is in our DNA that requires us to keep modifying these Bandits !!??

I think because it is so affordable to modify. To put this in perspective I bought a BMW K1600GT. The Remus header and Akrapovic slip-ons cost almost half of what I paid for my entire Bandit!

The value of farkles on my K1600GT in total are more than I had invested in the base Bandit. :eek2:

I won't even factor in the overall cost of the BMW vs. the Bandit. Sort of odd to compare the 2 but having them both side by side and riding them back to back really puts things in perspective.

If I had to put the K16's experience in one sentence it would be the following: How can something this big be so fast and handle so well?

If I had to sum up my 1250 Bandit w/ABS in one sentence it would go like this: How can something be this good for so little money?

As most of all know here, the Bandit is about the performance for dollar (aka bang for the buck) and represents and incredible value. I find myself torn when I walk out to the garage on which bike to ride.

The Bandit brings out the hooligan in me yet is still at home on a trip. The Beemer makes miles disappear better than anything else I've ever ridden and has one of the most incredibly exhaust notes in all of motorcycling and easily one of the best motors. It is amazing how far motorcycles have come in my lifetime...

Warm weather will be here soon, so I decided it was time to put my modified gear shifter on the Bandit and flip the pegs. It's been shortened and lowered. It's good to have friends with welders and grinders. Will probably need to make a few adjustments after riding it for first time but no big deal.
gearsshifter2forsharing_zps95bbaae6.jpg

I just picked up a spare shifter for $20 on ebay to do the exact same thing. Part of me wants to do the clean proper conversion by welding it and grinding it, part of me wants to just chop it and put a bolt through a newly drilled hole, and slap a rubber boot protector on it.

Have you looked back thru this subject matter to the pics I posted several years back when I did mine right after Metric did his and posted about it?

Still running the same combo with some cute tap about the shifter rubber to keep it off my boot toes. ;-)

And make a bracket extension for my yoshi to clear the panniers.

I dropped my Yosh can about 1 inch with the small bracket I built. I never had a problem with anything getting hot or melting the Givi Case when it was about a 1/4 inch off but that did bother me , so, the extension. :trust:

Last edited by a moderator:
I made a spacer that moved the yoshi pipe down 1.25-1.5", and it has 2-3" of clearance between the pannier and the pipe.

Reason I did this is because when I installed the pipe, tested it, it shot flames out the back. Probably combination of high rev + ecu still running in rich mode + pair injection, but still. You can see small bursts at 41 and 45 sec marks:

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rLG5IyE7DQk"]Yoshimura RS3 exhaust on Suzuki Bandit 1250 - YouTube[/ame]

Now the pipe clears my panniers just fine. Question about the little rubber covers on the tension springs: are they supposed to stay on or come off? I assume on, to prevent some corrosion, metal on metal contact, and they seem to be made from the same grade rubber used on the hoop mount, so it likely won't melt?

EqP9uXS.jpg

A black bandit...Reminds me of the the feeling of what it was like when I first wanted one...Looks great!

Took the Bandit out for a ride a few days ago and it turned into about 5 hours total including stopping for dinner, gas and 1 or 2 other stops. The little extra leg room really made a difference. Hope to be out riding several more time over the next week while I'm on vacation. NO Rain, No Rain, No Rain!!!!!

Hey there, I've read most of the first quarter of this thread and now want to buy a black 1250 with ABS.
Questions.
Are all black Bandits "Pearl Nebular"? If not, What years? Are all black GSF 650 K9s "pearl Nebular"?
I want to mount a GSF 650 K9 fairing, headlamp, etc. on a 1250. No offense, I think they look better. I think I can get the parts from bike-parts-suz.com.
Please help.

Thank you,

Matt

Read the road.

"The only thing we have to fear is," Federal Entry At Rear.

Hey does anyone here have any spare parts for 2nd gen bandit 1200S? Mine is 2001 and im looking for front blinkers, clutch, and luggage rack.

Hello All,

Needed to tell everyone how awesome my upgrade to the proper weight spring and michelin ps 3 is.

I had been riding on dunlop road smarts.. they were the worse tires i ever had.. never got used to their weird characteristics and they wear horribly. ditched them after 2000 miles...

the ps 3's are like heaven compared. and in combo with the new race tech springs i installed ( real easy job on the bandit) the bike rides like a dream now.

I highly recommend the ps 3 's and the proper weight spring for your weight..

Mike

I weigh 200lbs. racetech site suggested 1.0 springs.. went with 5wt and 471cc I believe..

I also want to say again that I hate the Dunlop and love the Michelins.. like a whole new bike that I want to ride again..

best bang for buck mod ever... $19, looks like OEM, perfect working throttle lock by NEP

r idesafe

Mike

Back