• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

The 2007 Suzuki Bandit 1250S -The Mega Thread

Agreed the Michelins make it actually want to stay on the road! I use a cramp buster myself and it works for the time being! :)

Thought I'd contribute to the thread now I'm an owner of a 1250 '08 bandit. Rode 600 mile the first day, 500 the second including two runs on the dragons tail and 3 hours on the Blue Ridge Parkway, then 500 miles on day three to end up back at home in Philly. All in all, a good start to my new affair. Thank you Tim! And only one speeding ticket for going 86 in a 70 (they got me slowing down I was going 95). no pics of the bike yet.

Thought I'd contribute to the thread now I'm an owner of a 1250 '08 bandit.

Welcome! LOL on the Preformance award. Of my two bikes, the bandit is hard to keep down to 65 mph and the KLR is not comfortable for me to keep up to 65mph. :trust:

Well, I lost out on an ebay deal on some PLX cases a while back, but no complaints because I got an even more incredible deal on this setup last week!

i-4vfBzpj-L.jpg

Suzuki rack with sidecases and top case, nearly mint, for $600 shipped. :eek2:

My old setup is up for sale below, in case anyone is interested:

SW Motech Racks for Givi and Pelican cases

Holeshot Sport Rack

I dropped my Yosh can about 1 inch with the small bracket I built. I never had a problem with anything getting hot or melting the Givi Case when it was about a 1/4 inch off but that did bother me , so, the extension. :trust:

Mine's almost contacting the muffler ... can you post a pic of your setup?

Mine's almost contacting the muffler ... can you post a pic of your setup?

037.jpg

You can barely see it in this photo. I just cut about an 1.5 X 1 inch piece of 1/8" Alu . Drilled a couple holes, Loosen the can to pipe clamp and installed it giving my about a 1" drop in the can to clear the Givi's a bit more.

Now to find some red covers and take those gorgeous black ones off and send to me :) :trust:

Haha, they're all yours if you can track down some red ones.

I'm probably going to paint the whole bike some day, so they'll get done then. Possibly a non-stock color that didn't come on a Bandit.

037.jpg

You can barely see it in this photo. I just cut about an 1.5 X 1 inch piece of 1/8" Alu . Drilled a couple holes, Loosen the can to pipe clamp and installed it giving my about a 1" drop in the can to clear the Givi's a bit more.

Cool, had no idea there was that much play. Will go make a bracket now! Thanks!

Well, I lost out on an ebay deal on some PLX cases a while back, but no complaints because I got an even more incredible deal on this setup last week!

i-4vfBzpj-L.jpg

Suzuki rack with sidecases and top case, nearly mint, for $600 shipped. :eek2:

That is a good deal. Glad you found it. Good luck finding the red covers, though. You may end up doing some painting (which might be cheaper anyway...)

Last edited by a moderator:
Gonna hate changing tires out on da Bandit later this month as I have 10,300 on the present RP2s with plenty of life left in them. Have a set in the shop that only had 4300 miles on them when I changed them out due to an up coming possible 8000 mile trip. So, back on they go to finish out their life with a 6 to 7000 mile trip coming up this next month or the end of this one. Have a set of brake pads in stock to change out also if deem it necessary. Chain and sprockets good to go. Around 10,000 on them.

Talking tires. Got two years and 8000 mi on my PR2s--that includes 4 track days. Nicking the wear bars and can't get on the track with that, so got a set if PR3s. Track day tomorrow at Heartland Park; if it rains (50% chance) these should be stickier than the 2s--which is not why I bought the 3s (I don't ride when it's wet) but that's what the shop was selling. Also had them change the spark plugs--first change at 12,000 mi. I attempted to do it but gave that up rather quickly (before I busted the plug caps).

425 pages and still going! Amazing.

I sold my bandit a few years ago, got on a Honda and have been playing around in the dirt. Now I'm looking for a replacement for the CBR. The current version of the Bandit, whatever it's called up here in Canada, sure looks good in white.

Two Wheels of Suches is opening today for lunch and I'll be there. Close enough to the old TWO name to let people know what it is but unique enough to stop the lawsuits.

For the history of Two Wheels of Suches let it be known that I was ticket #2 and was the creator of the first full table of patrons eating down some house grub.

Alright, found a red gas tank on ebay with a small dent and scratch in it for 230 with shipping. The tank looks better than mine before the crash last Tuesday that put a major dent in the right side. Already had 2 windshields in stock so will have the stuff I need for
Da Bandit when I'm able to put it on. Now if I had spare parts for my left shoulder and shoulder blade. Sigh! Have to leave that up to the local body mechanic. ;)

425 pages and still going! Amazing.

I sold my bandit a few years ago, got on a Honda and have been playing around in the dirt. Now I'm looking for a replacement for the CBR. The current version of the Bandit, whatever it's called up here in Canada, sure looks good in white.

Brass,
Good to hear from you. How've you been?!
Yeah, the venerable Bandit Forum is still going (as are the Bandits, themselves!). Post some pics if you've got 'em.

Greg

Pooo Yiiii Greg. I get to the shop tomorrow and see if I can take pics of the damage. Really the main things were the dent in the side of the tank and knocking the windshield off. Left the shied where it laid. It had broke at the 4 mounting points. I still have one of those English shields here in the garage to put back on it.
As for the body, MRI scheduled for tomorrow with Orthopedic Surgeon visit scheduled for Monday to see what were gonna do with the shoulder. I was so lucky in the fall and and people at the Super 8 in Fort Stockton helping with all my needs. The managers wife took me to the hospital and one of the workers picked me up after midnight when she got off and brought me by a Subway to get something to eat on the way back to the motel. Then the maintenance guy that we drove to his home to get a ramp to load my bike in the 10' U haul van to come home. I made sure there were 3 envelopes with a 20 in each one to show my thanks.
Anyone going though there, give them your business. Fantastic people.

I was so lucky in the fall and and people at the Super 8 in Fort Stockton helping with all my needs. The managers wife took me to the hospital and one of the workers picked me up after midnight when she got off and brought me by a Subway to get something to eat on the way back to the motel. Then the maintenance guy that we drove to his home to get a ramp to load my bike in the 10' U haul van to come home.

Wow, sounds like they're quite a class act!

I made sure there were 3 envelopes with a 20 in each one to show my thanks. Anyone going though there, give them your business. Fantastic people.

I'll make sure to remember them next time I'm through there.

Pooo Yiiii Greg. I get to the shop tomorrow and see if I can take pics of the damage. Really the main things were the dent in the side of the tank and knocking the windshield off. Left the shied where it laid. It had broke at the 4 mounting points. I still have one of those English shields here in the garage to put back on it.
As for the body, MRI scheduled for tomorrow with Orthopedic Surgeon visit scheduled for Monday to see what were gonna do with the shoulder. I was so lucky in the fall and and people at the Super 8 in Fort Stockton helping with all my needs. The managers wife took me to the hospital and one of the workers picked me up after midnight when she got off and brought me by a Subway to get something to eat on the way back to the motel. Then the maintenance guy that we drove to his home to get a ramp to load my bike in the 10' U haul van to come home. I made sure there were 3 envelopes with a 20 in each one to show my thanks.
Anyone going though there, give them your business. Fantastic people.
Uhhhhhhhhhh, ya just can't leave it at that. WHAT CRASH??????? WHERE? Single vehicle or others involved? BTW, heal well and fast! Keep us informed and pics will help.

The crash happened on 818 North of Mc Donald Observatory where I had just spent about 3 or so hours doing their full tour of the place. Had decided to run up to I 10 and catch a motel closer to El Paso so I could go though there early morning. Running about a 75% pace though the curves and just as I got about 1/4 into a tight left hander a deer jumped out in front of me. Had to pick the bike up to miss the deer, brake and then put it back down to max lean to try to make the curve. Front touched the loose stuff with peg dragging and down we went, sliding into the rocks about 25 mph or so. No cell phone coverage and had not see a vehicle since leaving the observatory. Now the 1/2 hour I spent getting the bike back on it's tires, then riding the rest of the way to 10 and to Fort Stockton getting to a motel and hospital.

Okay, here are the pictures. Even noticed the right sig light was cracked. I thought it had just popped out of the fairing like it had done once before when I dropped the bike.
01BanditTank.jpg

Nice little Dent. So wonder it didn't leak.

02BanditRSig.jpg

Cracked Sig Light. Out of socket also.

03BanditRox.jpg

Look closely at the angle of the ROX risers. Probably kept the handlebars from bending

04GiviLeftBag.jpg

Left Givi scrapes.

05GiviRightBag.jpg

Right Givi scraps.

Bags not broken or the brackets bent. Just scraped up.

06OldFaithful2000KLR.jpg

Since the KLR was staring at me while doing the Givi shots, may as well present Old Faithful Green Machine. My 2000 KLR 650 with about 34,000 miles on it.

Hope all goes well at the MRI and get you fixed up AChesley. When you get ready to fix up the Bandit, you can buy a pre-painted new front fairing for what the color-rite paint costs. I found out after the fact with my bandit.

Back