• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

The 2007 Suzuki Bandit 1250S -The Mega Thread

Hope all goes well at the MRI and get you fixed up AChesley. When you get ready to fix up the Bandit, you can buy a pre-painted new front fairing for what the color-rite paint costs. I found out after the fact with my bandit.

Front is good, just dirty, I already had a few scatches on it from pior stuff. :lol2: Pooo Yiii, I would guess Bandit has been on the ground about 4 times before this downer. But, at near dead stop. Loose gravel twice, and Givi bumping into something and throwing me off balance at parking lot speeds. Wheels all scratched up from multiple tire changes here at home. Not sure what I'm gonna do with the front signal lites. Been wanting to change them all out to LED so that may be in the near future. Love the ones on my KLR.

MRI is a done deal and now to wait on the Doc visit Monday afternoon.

Sorry to hear about your spill Andy. Not sure what's worse, running into the deer or the accident trying to avoid one. Did a tumble on my mountain bike a couple years ago. Shoulder hurt pretty bad but no surgery , just a few cortisone shots and a bunch of PT. Good luck on the healing ( bike and you ) !

Did some work on the Bandit this weekend. Usually vacation in September so I'm getting some stuff done sooner than later.

New chain and sprockets 18/45, OEM is 18/43, stock length 118 link chain. Seat of the pants tells me it's a little quicker. Superlight sprockets and a DID ZVMX chain.

Also put a MRA X-Creen on the ZG sport touring shield, much better than before, still playing around with the adjustments.

xcreen%20005-L.jpg

xcreen%20002-L.jpg

xcreen%20004-L.jpg

xcreen%20003-L.jpg

Like that shield set up.
Also like the mud on the swing arm. Reminds me of mine. LOL!

Like that shield set up.
Also like the mud on the swing arm. Reminds me of mine. LOL!

That was from Gold Bluffs Beach/Fern Canyon on the California North Coast.
8 Mile dirt road and two water crossings. Well worth it when you get to camp right by the ocean.

In two weeks I'm heading North to Brookings, Or. to camp that will be the good test for the X-Creen.

Not sure what I'm gonna do with the front signal lites. Been wanting to change them all out to LED so that may be in the near future. Love the ones on my KLR.

MRI is a done deal and now to wait on the Doc visit Monday afternoon.

Hope all goes well, sorry to hear about this latest spiff. I think I have blinkers if you want me to look??? I saw some flush mounts that look sexy and bright so I'm thinking about those - but they'll have to wait since I just bought my wife a bedroom suite.

Thanks GA-Bandit
I have a few sets of blinkers laying about. Just not decided yet. Visit to Surgeon was good. So far, no need to go inside. Starting Therapy this morning at 7:30A and we'll see what happens. Everyday I have more range of movement and the rest of the body coming along slowly. Exersizing as much as can to keep the body flowing at present. LOL! Dang a person heals slow at 70 years old. ;-)

@ rollinrob

I have that same setup on mine. I like the X-creen high up. I can still see over it, but it's nice and quiet.

X-Creeninstalled.jpg

Let us know how you like it low down. Might be better for summer riding.

@ rollinrob

I have that same setup on mine. I like the X-creen high up. I can still see over it, but it's nice and quiet.

X-Creeninstalled.jpg

Let us know how you like it low down. Might be better for summer riding.

I think a post of yours a while back prompted me to get this. If I remember we share the same height/inseam etc... and Shoei RF1100 Helmet.

I think the low position will be good around here for summer rides, twisty roads and not much over 60 MPH.

Found out this morning at the manual is very non informative on removing the pump from the 1250S Bandit gas tank. Says, Undo the bolts and unplug the sending unit and pull it out. Only one position works for that. The left side of the tank has just a slight deeper indention than the right side. That where you have to go to get it wormed out. LOL. So, gas tank is off and stripped while waiting on ebay delivery of other tank.
Now, into rebuilding the two little flexible tabs on the front fairing that the top cover screws into. Have a couple pieces of plastic super glued in place and fixing to smear epoxy glue all over it for strenght. All they do is hold the black top piece down so no stress there.

Well well well, even found that the left fork seal is just starting to leak. I guess it has a right to after an honest 70+ Thousand miles and these beat up roads I ride about on.

But, tab repair job is a done deal. And, still have not decided on what I'm gonna use on the front blinkers. But, no hurry, be awhile before I can load up the left shoulder anyway and I reckon the KLR will be seeing duties for a long time for my local stuff. Just a lot easier and funner to ride about my area. 50 mpg don't hurt either ;-)

Used gas tank came in yesterday, unpacked today. A small scratch and dent on the right rear but easy covered with a plastic protector. Rest of the tank is in better shape than mine before the last major dent. LOL! Hopefully put all the stuff inside the replacement tank so it's gonna be ready when I finish with the signal light set up and other wiring changes. But, still quite a ways to go before the shoulder will be good enuff for riding.

Rumor has it that he wasn't happy with off-the-line accleration and will be mounting and WIRING small JATO bottles :eek2: to the rear under his hard luggage.
:lol2::lol2::lol2::lol2:

I have some inline signal lites that came in today that I'm going to put in the rear and move the rears to the front. I want to put a two wire inline plug in for the socket on the front fairing face so I can just unplug it when removing that piece instead of just letting it hang. Also still have a red light hooked up from when I had a Gorilla Alarm system on. I want to remove that and the wire going to the back. Plus decide if I'm going to keep the radar detector set up I have on there at present which has power wires going to switch panel and back to the led alert set up I have mounted just above the instrument pod. A pretty close friend mentioned abit about buying it if I want to sell after I get it back together. I need to wait for him to get back from vacation to see just what the deal is and what he would want to stay on the bike , if we come to terms. ;-)
Plus waiting on fork seals and attachment nuts from bike bandit to come in. Lots of stuff to do yet on it as I feel able and in the mode LOL. ;-)

Alright! New signal lite setup on and working. Inline plug installed on accessory plug on fairing that I use for heated gear. Waiting on clip nuts for fairing to come in from Bike Bandit. Feels strange as tomorrow is going to be a month since I've rode either of my bikes. Been many many years since that happened. But, healing up on the shoulder ligaments takes time even with therapy 3 times a week. Sigh. Heck to get old. Seems like every time you talk to a Doc, the main words are Age and Genetics. ;-)

Pics of progress tomorrow I hope.

Took an Independence Day morning ride through part of something called the Alphas in northern Missouri ("Alphas" for the many roads being designated by letters, H, B, O, JJ, etc). 100 miles with twistys, roller coaster up-and-downs, ridge-level rides overseeing the horizon, and straights enabling some exceedingly fast pacing (fastest I've ever been on two wheels...I've been faster on three - ~185 mph in a heavyweight T-38 touch and go). Nice to find this. http://s2.photobucket.com/user/abe231/media/alphas_zps6554f146.jpg.html

Yea! Suzie da Bandit is back ready for the road as of today. Installed the ebay tank , put in gas and fired it up. Still running like a charm. Now, for the shoulder to heal so I can take a ride on it. ;-) KLR doing duties as present.
Oh man, know about the Alphas in Mo. Used to get so messed up trying to find places many years ago with the letter name of the road changing with each county it went though.

Car accidents suxxx...even a year later....I miss riding.....but I did do a trackday two weekends ago....too scare to ride well but I rode....pain only took 3 days to go away.....I wanna ride....next time it will be two....and then none......You only know my pain if you have Blood Type 1250-Positive or similar.... Can someone please pass the cheese to go with my wine?

BTW: Anyone else know where I'm coming from?

BTW2: How you coming Arch?

Car accidents suxxx...even a year later....I miss riding....
BTW: Anyone else know where I'm coming from?

My last crash before this one about 6 weeks ago, was a hit and run from behind where I came to in a hospital several hours later. Due to a vertigo problem from the concussion through a good helmet, I had to stay off bikes for about 6 years. Coming back with a '92 KLR 650. Took a long time before I got anything thing kin to a fair confidence level back and never what it was before that. This last crash, on a lonely road in West Texas , reminded me about being over confident to handle situations in blind curves at all but the slowest speeds and full attention. But, I'm back to riding the KLR and, probably could ride the Bandit. But , don't trust my shoulder yet to get it backed out of the shop to ride it. I'm right on the edge moving the 400 lb KLR about much less the 550 lb Bandit. ;-) But, the time will come , later or sooner.

Back