• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

The 2007 Suzuki Bandit 1250S -The Mega Thread

Howdy all,my 1st post here,Rollinrob told me about this place and here I am.
Recently found a 2008 non abs 1250 Bandit,so far it suits me just fine,Ive only put about 1200 miles on it,it had just turned 10K when the previous owner delivered it from San Jose to Chico,nor cal.

Came with the Suzuki/Givi 3 piece luggage set and some other odds and ends,really cant find a scuff or scratch on the thing,it just needed a good bath when it got here. Even had good tires on it.
Ive got a few mods to do right off the bat but nothing too fancy.

Seems like a great bunch of folks on here and lots of info!

Attachments

• IMG_4000.JPG
    IMG_4000.JPG
    125.3 KB · Views: 174
I have sold my 2007 bandit for a new 2012 fz1. The bandit was very good to me. You will love it. This is also a great place to help understand your new ride.Enjoy !:sun:

Welcome Footdragger. About anything you want to know ( and a few things you may not want to know LOL ) about your bike can be found in the search section. If it gets to complicated, just ask and someone will give you an answer or direct you to the info in here. Now get out there and ride that bike and enjoy it before doing any mods to it.

Welcome Footdragger. About anything you want to know ( and a few things you may not want to know LOL ) about your bike can be found in the search section. If it gets to complicated, just ask and someone will give you an answer or direct you to the info in here. Now get out there and ride that bike and enjoy it before doing any mods to it.
I do think it works better stock then many bikes Ive had,I did one 540 mile day so far and the seat bears looking into,I leveled it by raising just the front which helped some,an Alaska leather butt pad helps also.
Maybe a sargent seat will be found sometime.
I put some mirror extenders on,that helped.

The current tires still have decent tread but are worn oddly,kinda looks like the PO never leaned the thing over at all,handling suffers a little.

But the engine! Its a great engine for backroads or wherever,oodles of low rev torque,very little shifting required,I like it!

I plan on getting it over to the north CA coast soon for some corner work.

I was suppose to do the California coast from San Diego on up to Washington. But a wreck in Texas ended this summers trip. Perhaps next year. The seat was the 1st thing I change on my Bandit when I bought it in 08. Corbin Gunfighter and Lady which runs about an inch lower than stock. Next was a large assortment of wind shields. Then things to make it a sports touring bike for the next 60,000 miles.

I was suppose to do the California coast from San Diego on up to Washington. But a wreck in Texas ended this summers trip. Perhaps next year. The seat was the 1st thing I change on my Bandit when I bought it in 08. Corbin Gunfighter and Lady which runs about an inch lower than stock. Next was a large assortment of wind shields. Then things to make it a sports touring bike for the next 60,000 miles.
Mine came with the tall Zero Gravity shield,its not bad for my 6' tall size so far,my last bike was a 99 1200 Triumph Trophy so lotsa body work to block the wind on it,nice in winter,not so great in summer. Great Coast Bike!

Ive read about your crash,hope the healing is going well.
Ive had some very close run ins with deer around here,scary.

PCH can be reached in about 3.5 hours from here,Ive done streetbike trips over there since High School days and always look forward to the next one.

Mine came with the tall Zero Gravity shield,its not bad for my 6' tall size so far,my last bike was a 99 1200 Triumph Trophy so lotsa body work to block the wind on it,nice in winter,not so great in summer. Great Coast Bike!

Ive read about your crash,hope the healing is going well.
Ive had some very close run ins with deer around here,scary.

PCH can be reached in about 3.5 hours from here,Ive done streetbike trips over there since High School days and always look forward to the next one.

Welcome aboard! Find the thread on how to list your Bandit[i think post 17]. We have a much better road out here than the PCH. I would be happy to host a day of twisties if you get out this way. PM me if interrested.

Welcome aboard! Find the thread on how to list your Bandit[i think post 17]. We have a much better road out here than the PCH. I would be happy to host a day of twisties if you get out this way. PM me if interrested.
I'll post my 08 on there soon.

Yeah PCH is more the classic sight seeing tourist route,there's lots of amazing backroads between Chico and the Coast.

I camp at Rio Nido once or twice a year,usually taking all backroads between here and there,some are like super-moto tracks through the Redwoods!
Then there's hiway 36 and all the paved or dirt roads leading off of it,I take my DR650 sometimes to do the dirt routes.

Then Hopland,Boonville and Manchester on the coast,all great roads.

I appreciate the offer,everybody has their semi secret local roads.

Forest Route 1/Southfork Mountain Road that connects Hwys. 36 and 299 is a good one. 50 miles of pavement through the middle of noware

California is way under rated for it's roads. My last time there in '07 ( DL 1000 ) I was in the Hollister area and down 25 headed for the parks , Sequoia/ Kings / Yosemite. I've run the coast on 1 and 101 from Cresent City to TJ LOL! But that was back in the 60's and 70's and a short run from Oregon to Hearst Castle in the early 90's. So many roads through out the Sierras and Coastal Range than a person could do in a life time.
About every state has it's good highways. But, some of them you have to really look hard :lol2::lol2:. Some, you don't :rider:

I took a young new student for her first ride in this country. WE rode 440 miles up from Atlanta, through Dahlonega to Tellico PLains TN and across the Cherahola Skyway; then up to Deals Gap and the Tail of the Dragon.....then down Moonshiners 28 all the way to Franklin NC. From there we slabbed it home back to Atlanta. My first real ride since the car accident a year ago.........oh, how I missed my Abby.

Well guys, if all works out, I'll most likely be putting one long trip together next year. Only difference is I'll be in my truck with a light bike on the bumper and camper shell. Still want to do the same route , La to Ca along old 90 and 80 and up the coast to Wa, but with more truck camping and less moteling. Camping in certain areas for a few day and ride about on the bike. Have done a little of that in the past years and much more to come.

Well guys, if all works out, I'll most likely be putting one long trip together next year. Only difference is I'll be in my truck with a light bike on the bumper and camper shell. Still want to do the same route , La to Ca along old 90 and 80 and up the coast to Wa, but with more truck camping and less moteling. Camping in certain areas for a few day and ride about on the bike. Have done a little of that in the past years and much more to come.
Lots of good places to park and ride out of along the coast,anywhere near the Lost Coast could lead to days of wandering back roads dirt or paved.

Any Bandiit 1250S owners here in NC that have a Corbin seat? I have a Holeshot Corbin and it just seems to sit a little low for me. Would like to try the regular height version.

Any Bandiit 1250S owners here in NC that have a Corbin seat? I have a Holeshot Corbin and it just seems to sit a little low for me. Would like to try the regular height version.
Ive had a fair amount of Corbins,their normal seats are lower then stock almost always,I dont know why. Maybe lots of people want shorter seats.
I asked for a 1" taller then stock from them for the last bike I had,they still sent me a 1" lower then stock seat. Ive never had one really fit right and the one for my 99 1200 Trophy took a couple hours to even get it to go on the bike...
But,despite the heidth being lower it worked great and was comfy right off the bat. Sending it back would have been another 6 weeks wait.

You might try a Sargent seat. I liked the construction and comfort of it but my bike was set up for the lower Corbin so sold it to one of the guys on the forum. Might try reversing the footpegs to get that inch of leg room back.

Achesley: Do you find the Sargent more comfortable when sitting over the Corbin!? I think I have boney a** syndrome and am SOL anyways but before I spend more $$$ on a seat I'd figured I'd ask as I have the Sargent now! ;)

You might try a Sargent seat. I liked the construction and comfort of it but my bike was set up for the lower Corbin so sold it to one of the guys on the forum. Might try reversing the footpegs to get that inch of leg room back.
Ah,just what I was wondering about.
Once the pegs are lowered and a shorter shifter is created,does the bike still shift as easy and well as the stock length shifter?
Seems like less leverage on the shift shaft might effect it.

Thanks for any help.

Back