• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Reader's Digest condensed version.

My front tire may have hit my rear tire. I was too busy watching the road and scenery to notice. For Randypower: I had to go to Eugene, Oregon to buy a lens cap for the same lens as before. Shutterbug is a great shop. I was riding with my camera sitting on my tank bag for easy access on the really curvy road. The strap was around my neck and the camera had slipped off the bag a couple of times, but the third time, my 10/22 lens detached itself and fell off. When I looked down and saw it gone, my heart sank lower than my stomach. Lens cap was not found. Polarized filter aluminum ring was found with no glass found. Lens itself looked OK but dirty. I went to Shutterbug and the lady there cleaned it, mounted a new polarized lens and lens cover and tested it. It worked. I am LUCKY.
Anyone want to replace the $71 taken from my travel budget?:trust:

76 miles of dirt in nine hours, combined with about the same amount of pavement on a very narrow road. I'm going to sleep good tonight if the flies and mosquitoes don't find a way into my tent.

IMG_20230706_195705161.jpg

IMG_20230706_132323409.jpg

IMG_20230706_143709102_HDR.jpg

Visiting Crater Lake is a such a cool and surreal experience. Are you letting the people at the gas stations fill up your bike?

Visiting Crater Lake is a such a cool and surreal experience. Are you letting the people at the gas stations fill up your bike?
They come out and ask, but I've done it so far. The rim road is finally free of snow, but it has some damage that needs to be repaired before it's open for customers. You can ride about 2/3 of the loop. With hikes included, that's enough for me.

there's snow at Crater Lake now???
They just got the last portion of the rim road cleared a couple of days ago. Lots of snow along the sides of the road and up high. Those letters are about 2' high. Here's a path to one of the overlooks. All hikes except 2 are open, but expect snow and ice on anything above the rim road. The closed paths are closed due to snow and ice.
IMG_20230707_122136678_HDR.jpg

I just thought it was strange that there were so many vagrants hanging around the gas pumps in Oregon. :lol2:

66 and the roads north of it to 140 are very nice.

Attachments

• Capture.PNG
    Capture.PNG
    466.7 KB · Views: 49
Last edited:
I guess it might be impolite to ask how you wrote that in the snow...🤪
When used properly, the patented, Chinese manufactured Hunter Biden model cocaine straw will put a big dent in a pile of white stuff. Nah, come to think of it, Humanrace wouldn't have one.

I just thought it was strange that there were so many vagrants hanging around the gas pumps in Oregon. :lol2:

It is kinda strange that most of the pump attendants do look like vagrants.

Nobody likes them. Lets be honest. They are worse than Europes gypsies who will rob you blind.

I did 66 with two young fellows I met at Cycle Gear while I was buying tires. Nice. I set my phone to get me to some random point on 66 and I knew I could get the rest of the way to Klamath Falls. I looked down at my phone after getting to the twisty part and it said 46 minutes to go 26 miles. That's pretty twisted.

Such gorgeous country. I thought the view from the road towards Union Peak was spectacular as well. That is a cool story about riding 66 with the locals.

This is getting closer to the heat than you might like but the history is interesting. Captain Jack's stronghold.

Back