• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

HONDA XR650L OWNER'S SIGN IN

Some photos from the fire that Rman worked. Some from my $10 helmet cam.

Snapshot49-5-20112-05PM.jpg

Snapshot39-5-20112-04PM.jpg

The old oak trees were burning from the inside. Still standing though.
DSCN1101.jpg

FoundIt.jpg

Many homes didn't make it.
DSCN1097small.jpg

DSCN1096Small.jpg

R-man - I think Meriden found it!

Seriously, Wow - sorry to see all that! Sux for those folks!

Glad to see that no one's house is up in flames. Keep up the good work R-man

Many thanks to AustinJake and TJRockit for taking DrMike and me riding Saturday near Lago Vista. I must say, we had a blast. It was Africa hot, but well worth it. If i have learned one thing from this ride....i want an electric start on my next bike.:giveup: I'm willing to bet Mike wants one even more after his 5 or 6 dirt naps. :rofl: With a stock carb, those big pigs are a pain to start after being on their sides. I believe that i'm a decent-to-pretty good rider, but that dang hill ate my lunch three times on two attempts. I ended up taking three naps on the side of the hill. I've got a wicked bruise wrapping aroung the top of my right thigh, thats about 10 inches long and in the shape of my handlebar. What is it that they say?.....if your not falling occasionally, your not riding har enough :clap:
So i figured i would post up a few pics of the ride;
Mike ad TJRockit
424bacd3.jpg

my piggy
29d4e3a6.jpg

the sweating that followed after getting mikes ride out of a gully...it was a group effort:lol2:
5c59ee3c.jpg

DrMike cooling off in the shade
d27b2784.jpg

Jake and Tom taking a break.....
14919f4b.jpg

We all needed a break>> I love my new 3 litre camelbal pack. It lasted the entire ride.
088a9ded.jpg

at the end of the ride we all stopped under a church entrance and re-grouped before taking off.
cfb93576.jpg

Jakes Husky 450. Nice bike
2c681a9e.jpg

It was a great ride, I look forward to riding with ya'll again.

I wish we would have gone riding yesterday. The weather was beautiful!! I could actually breath the air this morning!! :lol2:

Hey grasshopper, did you take 290 to Austin? I was caging it into Brenham last Fri afternoon and saw a gold or brown??? pick-up heading west with an XR in the back.

Just got back from New Mexico and Colorado trip. Sure hated to come home but at least some cool weather came with us. We started in Eagles nest, went around to Chama, then to Silverton, on around to Lake City, with our last stop in Almont before coming back to Eagles Nest. Most of trip was on jeep trails with some highway in between. Great trip.:rider:

Attachments

• peaks.jpg
    peaks.jpg
    59.3 KB · Views: 159
  • steve and I stoney pass.jpg
    steve and I stoney pass.jpg
    21.7 KB · Views: 152
  • takin a break.jpg
    takin a break.jpg
    22.2 KB · Views: 153
  • my bike stoney pass.jpg
    my bike stoney pass.jpg
    19.5 KB · Views: 150
  • river crossing comp..jpg
    river crossing comp..jpg
    26.9 KB · Views: 154
RMAN did ya try an go back to find yer camera.?

be carfull fighting those fire's dude.!:thumb:
Well I rode the TW back out to the fire zone today and didn't find it. Brand new camera! :miffed: :angryfire :storm: :headbang: :tears: I was confident I knew where to find it but it wasn't there. Looked a few other places where I'd worked the fire but I might as well have been looking for a needle in a haystack. What's so danged irritating is my last camera was only a couple months old when I spilled gatorade all over it and ruined it. That's exactly why I won't buy a $250 GoPro, might as well be flushing $$ down the toilet. I'd break it or lose it 1st time I bolted it on.:argh:

Just got back from New Mexico and Colorado trip. Sure hated to come home but at least some cool weather came with us. We started in Eagles nest, went around to Chama, then to Silverton, on around to Lake City, with our last stop in Almont before coming back to Eagles Nest. Most of trip was on jeep trails with some highway in between. Great trip.:rider:
Cool pics!:cool2: Officially jealous! Bet that river was ice cold.:trust:

Yes it was! We were chilled every morning with temps in the 40's but it warmed up pretty quick. We could not have asked for any better weather. I wish some of the rain would have made it here. I was told I missed some pretty bad fires in our town. Not near what you guys are dealing with though. Be careful.

hey RMAN, Yeah i trucked the XRR up to round rock on 290, but i didnt pass through your neck of the woods until about 7:30-8 ish. So chances are that it wasnt me. I did point out the 237 exit to my woman so she could see where we went riding.

Rode the DRZ around Magnolia a couple days ago. I was by myself and only took a few cell phone pictures.
From out near Prairie View.
307785_2132056815424_1066135122_3377363_1307015723_n.jpg

Looking for some through roads I found this fun little sand track, but my balding trailwings reminded me to ride conservatively.
312672_2132057695446_1066135122_3377364_1833218066_n.jpg

298592_2132058335462_1066135122_3377365_1376510357_n.jpg

LEO had the place pretty well locked down.
302236_2132059295486_1066135122_3377367_1307379993_n.jpg

Prayers and thoughts to all those who lost homes (and cameras).

anybody going riding this weekend at SHNF ? ...:rider: IF i can i will try an make it there.! silverbullet said he was going maybe alex also and someone else.?...........

Riding SHNF East Side trails tomorrow late morning, from 11am to 4'ish. Current line up (I think) is Alex4218, Bikedork, Hellwig and myself. All on dual sport bikes so trail riding not racing.

FYI- Cycle Shack North in Conroe has OHV stickers in stock, $16 this year. They are on I-45 frontage road on the way up (take exit# 85, Gladstell St.). Ranger's station on FM1375 will be open also so you can buy an annual multi use trail permit for $25. Or you can pay the $5 daily use fee at the trail head.

If you plan to join PM me so we can exchange cell phone numbers.

_

Tomorrow? You mean tomorrow Thursday?

Yep Thursday the day after Wednesday, the day before Friday.. (new Rebecca Black song, haha), that tomorrow. We learned from you Fayette guys. Why work on a nice day when you can ride instead, haha.

Do you think your four legged bosses will give you the day off work?
_

Yep Thursday the day after Wednesday, the day before Friday.. (new Rebecca Black song, haha), that tomorrow. We learned from you Fayette guys. Why work on a nice day when you can ride instead, haha.

Do you think your four legged bosses will give you the day off work?
_
Ha, when is the last time you saw me joyriding on a Thursday?:brainsnap Like never!:brainsnap :nana: Friday thru Sunday a definite maybe but it requires some relative arm twisting. I won't leave unless someones here.

anybody going riding this weekend at SHNF ? ...:rider: IF i can i will try an make it there.! silverbullet said he was going maybe alex also and someone else.?...........

We're riding tomorrow, not on the weekend. Hope you can join us.

If you're going to SHNF this weekend, be extra careful, TRH (Trail Riders of Houston) will have teams in the woods marking trail and doing trail work - marking & mileage trail etc. in preparation for the Caney Creek Enduro Sept. 25th. (note: this year TRH will use both sides - east and west - :clap:

http://www.trh-cycle.org/flyers/2011CaneyCreek.pdf

Back